Most retailers miss huge opportunities by under-utilizing one of the most critical figures, namely the conversion rate from visit to effective purchase.
Counting the number of visitors and analyzing their further behavior can provide very important insights for all companies that offer goods and services.
"If you can't measure it, you can't improve it" (Lord Kelvin)
Ikanda offers a total package that includes the people counters, the reporting and the services.
Counts the number of visitors that actually enter the store.
Counts how many people pass through but do not enter.
Counts the number of visitors that visit multiple times.
Measures who also visits other store locations.
Study the sales compared to the number of visitors.
3D people counting
Why people counting?
After an international store was confronted with a sharp decline in revenue due to external economic factors, they took steps to better understand what was happening in each of their stores. They installed People Counters and after analyzing the results, they saw that more than half of their customers left without a purchase. They also realized that their personnel costs were higher than necessary due to the over-staffing during calmer periods. After making a few adjustments and looking at their conversion ratio from visitors to buyers, their sales increased enormously:
- They adjusted lunch breaks, which led to a 16.5% increase in the conversion rate
- During peak hours the focus was on customer service rather than on other tasks, which resulted in a 9% increase in conversions
- They noticed that when store managers were out of sight, the conversion dropped by 5%
All retailers need to measure traffic and customer conversion in their stores. If you don’t, you’re flying blind!
- Reports across all store locations
- Reports per individual point of sale
- Marketing efficiency reports
- Sales conversion reports
- Heatmap analyzes